Call for Psychonomic Society 2017 Collaborative Symposium
The Psychonomic Society invites proposals to fund a collaborative symposium between the Psychonomic Society and the European Society for Cognitive Psychology (ESCoP) to be held in Potsdam, Germany as part of the 20th meeting of ESCoP from September 3-6, 2017.
This program, created in 2015, is an initiative of the Psychonomic Society's international outreach as set forth in the Society's strategic plan. The program aims to strengthen the communication and collaboration between the Society and other international societies representing the field of experimental and cognitive psychology through an annual, jointly organized, cutting-edge topical symposium held at the other international societies’ regular annual meetings. One international society will be chosen each year for this program.
Mechanism of Support
Each year a Call for a Collaborative Symposium will be opened in agreement with a non-PS international conference. The organizer of the symposium must be a current member of the Psychonomic Society. The organizer will receive up to $5,000 for expenses relating to the Psychonomic Society symposium at the conference. The budget will be decided by the organizer.
The 20th European Society for Cognitive Psychology Conference (ESCoP) is the selected meeting for the 2017 Psychonomic Society Collaborative Symposium
A collaborative symposium would consist of up to five 20 minute spoken presentations and, possibly, a discussion on a broad, highly relevant topic. There is no need to contact the ESCoP staff.
- A symposium title.
- A brief description by the organizer consisting of a 250-word abstract describing the purpose and the theme of the symposium
- The list of the agreed speakers and the title of their talks.
- Each speaker must provide a 250-word abstract.
- The organizer must be a current member of the Psychonomic Society, although the speakers can be non-members.
- Scientific quality, future impact and recent scientific breakthroughs and/or highlights.
- The fit between the global structure and content of the scientific program of the selected conference and the proposed symposium.
Submit your proposals electronically to Lou Shomette, Executive Director of the Psychonomic Society by 11:59 pm on November 15, 2016. Please put 2017 PS Collaborative Symposium Proposal in the subject line of your email. Submit your proposal as a PDF attachment.
Potential proposers are encouraged to contact Teresa Bajo, Chair of the International Presence Committee or Lou Shomette, Executive Director of the Psychonomic Society.
Deadline: 15 November 2016