Tenure track positions at the American University in Cairo, Egypt
There are several tenure track faculty openings at the American University in Cairo, we are particularly seeking a cognitive or cognitive- developmental psychologist, and we also encourage applications from those with a basic background in psychology, including developmental, social, community, biological psychology.
If you are considering a meaningful academic experience in a different country, AUC is unique and distinct in many ways:
- One of less than 20 universities overseas that are accredited in the U.S. by the Middle States Commission so it endorses highest standards of education, and the teaching experience (curriculum, textbooks, etc.) is like teaching in the U.S.
- Incredible level of support for faculty development including grants for research, up to $3,500 annually for attending conferences, and a center that enhances teaching and learning including faculty workshops on diverse topics with certifications and individualized teaching supports.
- High level of experiential and hands-on training in psychology including undergraduate research, emphasis on active learning, community based learning (required for the BA), and 600-hour internships at the graduate level for the Counseling and Community MA programs.
- One of only two community psychology Masters programs in the continent and region, and to our knowledge the only integrated in-house counseling/ clinical training clinic under a psychology program in the region.
- State-of-the-art campus with beautiful landscaping and environmentally friendly design.
- High level of support and orientation for faculty coming from other countries including (depending on contract) a comprehensive relocation process, housing support, annual leave, schooling for children, mail system for letters and books, etc.
- Strategic geographical location which makes it easy to travel for conferences or research in other parts of the world.
- Opportunities for gaining training in learning technologies including collaborative on-line international learning, blended learning, in-class technology, etc. at the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Opportunities for international and cross-cultural research, as well as local connections including over 60 partnerships between AUC psychology and government, U.N. agencies, international nonprofit associations, local nonprofit associations, European development funds, foundations, etc.
- Living in an exiting, vibrant, active mega-city that never sleeps without facing the higher levels of crimes and safety concerns that we experience in larger cities in the U.S.
All instruction at AUC is in English, Arabic language is not required. We are looking to fill the positions soon, so if interested please submit your application as soon as possible.
You may also feel free to contact Dr Kate Ellis if you have any questions regarding your application.
Here is the link to the job postings.