Teaching and research assistant at the Department Personnel management, work and organizational psychology UGhent
Career Opportunities: Assistant
Teaching and research assistant academic staff - 100% - Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences - PP09 - Personnel management, work and organizational psychology
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree (preferably) in psychology.
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 February 2018 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before 05-12-2017. We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv, application letter and an overview of study results (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Johnny Fontaine (johnny.fontaine@UGent.be, +32 09/264.64.57).