Postdoctoral position at the Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language, San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain
The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language offers three postdoctoral positions in three main broad areas or research:
(1) Language, reading and developmental disorders: How language acquisition, comprehension, production, and reading take place in the human brain. Special attention will be paid to language disorders and the development of computerized tools for their early diagnosis and treatment.
(2) Multilingualism and second language learning: The cognitive and brain mechanisms of language acquisition and processing in a second language. Special attention will be paid to multilingualism within the school system and to the development of new educational technologies for second language learning.
(3) Neurodegeneration, brain damage and healthy aging: Language and Cognition: Early cognitive and brain markers related to language for neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer, Parkinson); neural plasticity and language functions through brain stimulation in the awake patient during surgical brain operations; developing of computerized diagnostic and training tools for aphasic patients and neurodegenerative diseases.
The BCBL (center of excellence Severo Ochoa) promotes a rich research environment without substantial teaching obligations. It provides access to the most advanced behavioral and neuroimaging techniques, including 3 Tesla MRI, a whole-head MEG system, four ERP labs, a NIRS lab, a baby lab including an eyetracker, two eyetracking labs, and several well-equipped behavioral labs. There are excellent technical support staff and research personnel (PhD and postdoctoral students). The positions have a term of appointment of 2 years with a possible renewal.
We are looking for cognitive neuroscientists or experimental psychologists with a background in psycholinguistics and/or neighboring cognitive neuroscience areas, computational modelers, and physicists and/or engineers with fMRI/MEG expertise.
Candidates should have a strong publication track record.
We encourage immediate applications as the selection process will be ongoing and the appointment may be made before the deadline.
To submit your application please follow this link: http://www.bcbl.eu/calls, applying for Postdoc_SO_2018 and upload:
1. Your curriculum vitae.
2. A cover letter/statement describing your research interests (4000 characters maximun)
3. The names of two referees who would be willing to write letters of recommendation
The application deadline is 1 February 2019.