Post-doctoral position in psycholinguistics at Ghent University
Reference: PP02 2013/02/1
See: http://www.ugent.be/nl/actueel/vacatures/aap/pp02dadec2013.htm for the Dutch-language version of the announcement.
The Department of Experimental Psychology, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium, is offering a post-doctoral position in psycholinguistics. The earliest possible start date is 1 December 2013. Assignments are for a fixed term of three years. This post can be filled in on a part-time basis.
We expect the successful candidates to conduct research in the domain of psycholinguistics. We also expect the candidate to make a contribution to teaching, but the research component of the post is minimally 70%. Proficiency in the Dutch language is not essential at the time of appointment, but Ghent University expects you to reach B2-level Dutch (European Reference Framework for languages) over the course of the appointment. For teaching in English, Ghent University requires C1-level English.
- You hold the title of Doctor. You need to have defended before you can start the post;
- You have conducted behavioral and/or neuroscientific research on language processing;
- Experience with computational (psycho)linguistics (ideally in the domain of semantics), and/or neuroimaging (fMRI or ERP), and/or eye-tracking, and/or advanced data analysis methods (LME/R) is considered an asset;
- You have published in widely distributed, international peer-reviewed journals that are relevant to the field;
- You have presented your work at international conferences that are relevant to the field;
- You are able and willing to participate in the department's teaching program
Please contact Rob Hartsuiker (firstname.lastname@example.org +32 9 264 6436) for informal inquiries. Information about the department can be found here: http://expsy.ugent.be/index.htm ; Information about working at Ghent University can be found here: http://www.ugent.be/en/work
Deadline for submission of applications is 10 October 2013. They need to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com in the form of a single document containing: (a) cover letter that clearly mentions the reference number (see above); (b) your Curriculum Vitae; ( c) a copy of your PhD diploma or proof of your defence date.