BCBL - PhD positions - Programme INPhINIT "LaCaixa"
La Caixa foundation has published the call for 57 PhD fellowships in the framework of the program "INPhINIT". The application period is from November 7th until February 2nd, 2017.
INPhINIT targets the most motivated PhD candidates by addressing the research areas in which Spain excels: Bio and Health Sciences, Technology, Physics, Engineering and Mathematics. INPhINIT recruits per call 57 Early-Stage Researchers of any nationality, who enjoy a 3-year employment contract.
BCBL – Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language is a "Severo Ochoa" Centre and Host Institution in INPhINIT call, dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in research, training and knowledge transfer within the area of the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language. The projects on offer for this call are:
- A predictive coding approach for modeling brain activity
- Timing in audiovisual speech integration: A neurophysiological assessment for language disorders
- Clinical applications of multilingualism
- Tracing the algorithm of bilingual language learning
- High-resolution atlas of the human thalamus for neuroimaging studies: application to dyslexia
- Reading development and its disorders
- Optimization in second language pronunciation
- A multimodal neuroimaging investigation of cognitive impairment and behavioural abnormalities in Parkinson’s disease: pathophysiology and diagnostic approach
- Development of novel methods for studying the dynamics of functional brain connectivity with concurrent electroencephalography (EEG) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Advanced spatio-temporal deconvolution algorithms to investigate brain function with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Developmental trajectories of the neurobiological mechanisms of human consciousness
- Brain lateralization for language
The conditions are the following:
- 3-years contract
- Incorporation date: September /October 2017. January 2018 under extraordinary circumstances.
- 104.400 euros (34.800 euros per year) including salary, employee social security contribution, income taxes and all compulsory employers’ contributions, this is equivalent to a gross salary approx 26.000 euro - 28.000 euro per year.
- 10.692 euros (3.564 euros per year) for research costs such as conferences and workshops attendance, short-stays, consumables and intellectual property costs, among others.
- PhD Award of 7.500 euros will be granted to researchers that submit their thesis within 6 months after the end of the fellowship.
- Complementary training programme:
- Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurship workshops by Oxford University Innovation.
- Professional and Career Development sessions by Vitae.
- High-quality academic and industrial secondments.
- Participation in outreach and social events of la Caixa Foundation
- At the time of recruitment (start date of the contract with the Research Centre), candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
- Mobility Rule: Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account.
- Demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
For further information, please visit the following links:
- Application website: https://www.lacaixafellowships.org/index.aspx
- Find BCBL projects: https://hosts.lacaixafellowships.org/finder
- INPhINIT Programme: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/educacion-becas/becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/about-inphinit