Assistant Academic Staff at Ghent University
For the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences , we are looking for a full-time post-doctoral assistant within the department Experimental Psychology (PP02).
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 7,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
What we are looking for
- You hold a doctoral degree or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You have already conducted research within the field of experimental psychology and/or neuroscientific research on language processing;
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes;
- You have relevant scientific publication in international scientific journals that are widely disseminated and make use of a peer review system;
- You have taken part in conferences relevant for the research topic;
- You can take on teaching responsibilities of the department;
- If you have experience with neuroimaging (fMRI or ERP), eye movement recording, or advanced statistical methods (R, LME), this is considered to be an advantage.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of psycholinguistics, related to the ongoing research in the department;
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level;
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, internship and Master’s dissertation;
- You will counsel doctoral students;
What we can offer you
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which will not be renewed.
Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start by 1/02/2016 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about this can be found on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 13/12/2015 at 23:59 (CET) at email@example.com, with the following documents attached as one file:
- application letter
- a transcript of the required degree
- an overview of your relevant scientific publications
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2015/02/1. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
If you are shortlisted, the interviews will take place on Friday December 18, 2015. Skype interviews are possible if necessary.
Attention: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Marc Brysbaert (firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 9 264 94 25).