Third European Summer School on “Computational Modeling of Cognition with Applications to Society”
Venue: Kapuzinerhof: http://www.kapuzinerhof.de/
Funding: Volkswagen Foundation
Applications are now being considered (until 30 April 2014)
To apply and for further details: http://cmss2014.org/
- Stephan Lewandowsky (University of Bristol, UK)
- Adele Diederich (Jacobs University Bremen, Germany)
- Jörg Rieskamp (University of Basel, Switzerland)
- Klaus Oberauer (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Lael Schooler (MPI Berlin, Germany)
- Amy Criss (Syracuse University)
- Casimir Ludwig (University of Bristol, U.K.)
- Gordon Brown (University of Warwick, U.K.)
- Bob French (CNRS, University of Burgundy, France)
- Joachim Vandekerckhove (University of California, Irvine)
- E. J. Wagenmakers (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Most areas of cognitive psychology have recognized the power of computational and mathematical models and have embraced their benefits to rigorous theorizing. One illustration of this trend is the growing popularity of Bayesian approaches to cognitive modelling.
This powerful trend comes, however, at a cost: The complexity of models and modelling techniques render it increasingly difficult for non-experts to acquire the necessary skills and then keep pace with developments.
This summer school is dedicated to introducing researchers to the basic techniques of computational and mathematical modelling from the ground up and in a hands-on manner. The instructors represent a broad range of expertise and are all research leaders in their field with extensive experience in teaching of modelling.
Thanks to generous funding from the Volkswagen Foundation, the complete cost is only €150 including (a) twin share accommodation at the conference hotel from 27 July – 10 August; (b) breakfast and dinner (but not lunch).
We invite applications from researchers at all levels (graduate students, post-docs, and faculty), from anywhere in the world. Visit http://cmss2014.org/ for further details and to submit an application. Application deadline is 30 April 2014. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.